Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So. I am a much better person with a buzz. White wine is best.

I'm more patient, more relaxed, less on edge. What is one to make of that? I certainly can't spend my life buzzing. Intentional alcoholism is alcoholism nonetheless, eh? *sigh*

All I know is that this ache for a baby is ... pervasive ... no matter what I try to do about it. And it affects me. But white wine seems to undo it. I am the stepmom I want to be with a buzz. Plus, I'm sort of reeling from a string of criticisms on the spouse front. So the last 24 hours have been unpleasant. And again, white wine undoes it.

So tell me, to drink or not to drink? That is the question.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hmmm...I so appreciate this. I grapple with the same question.

I think that to allow it to remain an OPTION is where the joy resides. Recognize the benefits, appreciate the opportunity, and let it be savored.

You know, too much of a good thing.....