Monday, February 2, 2009

Hey!

Hey look! It's CD20 already! Wow. Fastest cycle ever. Thank heaven.

There is no excuse whatsoever for little Eggy to not have met with a suitable suitor. Let's not be picky, little cell. They all come from the same place. Just accept one.

Yay for Pandora right now. I've got "A Fine Frenzy" station on right now, and for the most part, I'm loving the selections.

I also have to say that I do not like football (American, you silly Brits and Aussies). I don't understand much about it. I was in the marching band in high school, yes, so I was at every high school game, but that doesn't mean that I know anything beyond the barest essentials. There's a bunch of guys in spandex beating the hell out of each other (HOW do they not die?) trying to get a funny shaped ball onto painted grass. All that to say, I nearly had a stroke last night watching the last two minutes of the Super Bowl. Holy hell. I do have to say that I feel rather sad for that poor long-haired red shirted fellow who had his winning Super Bowl touchdown stolen by the bald yellow shirted guy.

So our priest is on a three month sabbatical. He may or may not be coming back. My vote is in the "yes" column. YES, he should come back. The interim is fine. Nice guy, a little tone deaf which is a shame when the whole service is chanted, the sermons aren't quite as meaty, but a nice guy. But I miss Father Nicholas.

Can I also say it's 3 weeks til Lent starts? weee! I'm so excited. I've been looking forward to it all year. It sounds odd to say, because it's approximately 6 weeks of being a vegan, which I don't much care for (I love cows - eating them), but it is by far the most profound period of time of the year. I remember last year after Pascha actually missing the fast. And with Lent comes Holy Week. There is no other time of the year that you can see so clearly the enormity of the Church - rooted in history and spread out in time and space. It's amazing. We have such a fantastically beautiful legacy, and it comes so near that week. Poor Protestants don't know what they're missing out on.

I should get to work. The crazy lady has finally produced a substantial to-do list. I'm actually quite happy about it. :)

1 comment:

Martin said...

Looking forward to lent eh...

You could be president of Ireland...