Monday, February 16, 2009

Finis

I woke up this morning with pain in my thighs and none in my breasts. And just like that, another house of cards came fluttering down.

This time is a particular shock. Both J and I were pretty sure it had worked this time. I mean, since when has PMS enhanced anyone's sense of smell? I just don't understand.

I don't want gummy worms after all. At this particular moment, I don't want anything at all.

---

PS. OW. It's certainly emphatic.

---

Three hours later: OW. Worst EVER. Refer back to the "Holy Shit" post of 3 weeks ago. Take that level of enthusiasm, inverse it, multiply by 4. I'll take the old style orgasms if the new kind is the price to pay for a period like this. I've taken 2 Ibuprofen and 2 aspirin and I'm still gasping. I'm not a sissy, I swear. On the plus side, the pain in my gut is taking my mind off the pain in my heart. I feel like I'm giving birth to a tiny horned devil, not just a couple tablespoons of blood.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So sorry to hear. *big hugs*. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Veronica Foale said...

Oh honey, I was hoping so bad for you.

((hugs))