Friday, February 6, 2009

Diagnosis: hormones

Whatever the reason, my hormones are on the fritz. I've calmed down a bit about the food cravings thing. I remembered that about 3-4 months ago, I went through a week-long phase where I couldn't get food spicy enough and really really wanted strawberry milk shakes at all times, while fighting gag impulses when faced with yogurt or a banana. I'm seeing a similar experience here. All I can think about is pizza, Thai food, and Mongolian fire oil. In parallel with last time, I ate a tiny chocolate bar and have felt sick since. My husband is making chicken pot pies for dinner tonight. I know I'll love them. He's a magnificent cook and I'm grateful he's cooking (I've been SWAMPED with work this week - still am - shouldn't even be writing this). But chicken? Me wants spicy veggies and complex carbs.

Additionally, I've been experiencing a rather odd "high" for the last 2 days. Does anyone know if serotonin levels are known to spike with premenstrual hormones? Because that's how it feels. Aside from the odd moments when I hear about a friend of mine finding out she's going to have a little boy in a few months at the same time as I'm listening to a saddish song and I start crying... I feel inexplicably happily anticipatory. Like a kid before Christmas. And I'm ridiculously productive. Or I would be if my cat would leave me alone. But all signs of elevated serotonin (happy hormone).

And my sentence structure is faltering. Sure sign of some sort of instability. (But alliteration is always awesome!)

It is CD24. Maybe my period will start early for once and that's why I'm going slowly bonkers.

No comments: