Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stick it out

Gummy worms are delicious. I haven't had them in YEARS, but a friend brought some to work earlier this week and I'm now hooked (pun only partially intended). They even have little smiling faces. And they're tasty. And they settle my tummy.

Maybe I'm getting the flu.

No, still nothing. I'm walking the line between hope and belief. Not quite knowledge. But it's going to suck if it's not what it feels like. I will need many bags of gummy worms.

One week til the fast starts. Though J has informed me that I will not be participating in it at all "if". *humph* But that would be smart. But sad in a way. Can't think of a better reason, but I've been looking forward to it for a long time, so I may do some chatting to some Greek ladies and see if I can't get creative. Or maybe I'll fast 3 days a week. Or maybe I'll just wait and see.

But either way, Lent is coming! It's one week away! It's the crescendo that started at Christmas and will come bursting out on Pascha because God has become man and He is with us and HE IS COMING.

-------

I heard the best story last night. It's real. It's not a joke. My friend B is a 4th grade teacher. This happened to one of her friends (we'll call her A) who is a first grade teacher. Apparently earlier this week, A noticed a little boy fussing and fidgeting and acting generally uncomfortable. So A went over to the boy and said, "Jimmy, what's the matter? Are you feeling OK?" And Jimmy said, "Well, I've just been circumcised and it's really bothering me." (put aside for the moment the questionability of circumcising a 7 year old) So A told him to go to the office and call his mom and see what she wanted him to do. So he goes, comes back, sits down. Shortly after, there's a huge ruckus in the back of the classroom. So A goes back there, and there sits Jimmy with his pants unzipped and all the goods just hanging out. So A says, "Jimmy! What are you doing?!" And he says (I kid you not), "Well, Mommy said that if I could stick it out til noon, she'd come and get me on her lunch hour."


2 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Hoping so so hard for you.

And little boys are all about the literal, especially when their penis is involved!!

Martin said...

hahahahaha on the penis.

sucking on the waiting.

not vice versa.