Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The ups and downs

Here we sit. Square in the middle of CD28. My body is fussing with my brain. Again. Hormones are RAMPANT y'all.

Everything makes me almost cry.
The girls finally just started hurting. In the last 14 months, the only predictable thing has been the for the last 4 months, the girls have started to hurt on CD 20 or 21. This month, a week late. Not that I mind. But why?
Pangs.
Uneasy tummy.

All I know for sure is that I don't want to do these next 4-5 days. I want it to be Friday, so I can be bleeding and on the road to emotional recovery. It's like watching a hammer swinging through the air, heading straight towards your thumb. The thumb will heal, but damn if it doesn't hurt for a while.

Or maybe the hammer will miss this month. Maybe in 5 days I'll be laughing. Maybe in a week I'll be sick and tired. Those would both be very good things.

Either way, I AM going to "do" the rest of this week. I will wrap my coat a little tighter around myself and walk up the hills and down the valleys and come out a little sorer, a little tireder (I know that's not a word but I'm using it anyhow and if you trytostopmeIwillfreakoutonyourassmmk?), and a little stronger.

But in terms of ups. I'm enjoying the "Jason Mraz" Pandora station at present. I'm into these kinds of sounds right now. Jason Mraz, A Fine Frenzy, Maroon 5. Yeahhh.

AND my new computer arrived! And is finally working! Hooked up to the internet! Wirelessly! Finally! In fact I type this very blog on it. It's so spiffy. It has a clock and a weather report right up in the top corner of the screen along with little widgets/gadgets/thingies that tell me breaking news, run a continuous slideshow of pictures from around the world, and allow me to put reminder notes-to-self right where I can see them on my desktop.

Welcome to the space age, y'all.

1 comment:

Martin said...

fingers crossed.

best of luck eh?