Saturday, April 3, 2010

They say it's Pascha

There's this rumor going around Christendom, and that's that tonight is Pascha.

My favorite night of the year. You might recall, I started counting the days down to it immediately last year.

I'm just not feeling terribly Pascha-y.

I haven't fasted. Not even today.

I lost a baby this week. And my body still hasn't caught on (aside from being able to stomach broccoli again - I'd lost that ability for several weeks). And I'm riding this absolutely wild emotional rollercoaster.

Yesterday was fine. Today, not fine.

We're going anyhow, to be sure, and I'm sure I won't regret it.

But yeah. This is a "I need a hug" day.

I suppose, looking at it objectively, that today is the perfect day for Pascha.

2 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

(((hugs)))

Maura said...

HUG. It is the perfect day for Pascha, I agree.

Christos Anesti!