Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moving on

It's over, and that's a relief, really.

It's very odd to consider that a month ago I was pregnant. Technically, I was pregnant 3 days ago as well. But to be pregnant with what you believe is a live baby is very different from being pregnant with what you know is an empty space. Not physically different. But different. I miscarried at 10 weeks. But that was a fluke. I lost that little life at about 5 or 6 weeks. I guess what I'm trying to say, badly, is just that it's weird.

But it's over now, and that is a relief.

What follows is blood work til my hcg gets back to 0. Then, 2 cycles where we're not allowed to try. Then, we go back to the IUIs. Each cycle will likely be about 6 weeks, give or take. So that's 12 weeks til we can try again. Three months. July, probably August.

I'm going to say it. Only once. This sucks.

I'm trying to figure out now what I'm going to do with myself between now and then. I've started running again, so perhaps a few races are in store. I'm just hesitant to do long races outside in the heat. (sissy) (I know) But I'll probably do them anyhow.

I need to get my house in order. It's a disaster. That'll probably take all 3 months, hahaha.

Maybe I'll paint the bathroom! (yes, that warrants an exclamation point. It's been needing paint! since I moved in 3 years ago)

The time will pass.

But that's part of the problem. Time keeps on passing.

2 comments:

Maura said...

It does, and along with it comes good things. :)

I think, maybe, in those three months, a trip to Indiana is in order.

Isn't it?

Veronica Foale said...

If time just stopped love, then we'd be worried.

August, that would make for a May baby... May is nice.