Monday, April 12, 2010

2 weeks

I'm 9w1d pregnant. Technically. Thankfully, aside from a few pesky remaining symptoms, I don't feel it. It's less of a headf*ck that way, and I'm thankful for it.

We'll talk to the doc today or tomorrow to figure out what to do since it hasn't "passed" on its own yet. I know my inclination, but we'll see.

It seems like 2 years ago that we sat in that little room. It seems like a dream, almost, that I was pregnant with a baby at any point. But I was.

And I'm hooked. I so want that feeling back. But I want to keep it next time. Duh. Seems obvious. But it needed saying for some reason.

One thing that's making this so much easier (and I think I've said this before) is that we have something back that had all but gone: hope. I feel like there's a really good chance that it might actually happen again, and maybe not in the too-distant future. There's no way to know, but having a strong suspicion that the wait might end someday makes the wait easier to take. A little.

I'm unwrapping my heart from November. Aside from hoping that I can be sick and miserable again by then.

This is a very strange experience.

1 comment:

Maura said...

Love you. *hugs*

PS I love word verifications, and today's is worth a smile, I think. Word of the day: fuzzlz. Either that's pronounced fuzzels or fuzzluzz. I'm not sure. Either way, it's pretty great.

You're so brave and I am proud to call you my friend.