Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stop Everything

An alternative title for this post could, with perhaps more accuracy, be "Biological Clusterf***".

You see, I started my OPKs today and apparently am up to my knees in LH. Yes, Little Miss 35 day cycle appears to be preparing to ovulate today. W. T. F. CD12? This surge showed up a mere 3 hours after talking to the doc and estimating ovulation last cycle at being somewhere around CD21. *glares at abdomen*

Needless to say, none of us know what the bleepity bleep my body is doing. All we can tell for sure is that it's figuratively stumbling and staggering around producing whatever the heck hormones it wants at whatever the heck time it wants. I asked the doctor about it, in the second phone call of the day, and she was as nonplussed as me. I said, "I don't think my body knows what it's doing." To which she said, "Well I certainly don't know what it's doing."

There's a good chance the whole abstinence-til-Pascha thing will be put on the shelf for a short time tomorrow. We'll pick it back up again, but I'm not going to have put myself through this last hellish cycle of Clomid for nothing. Darn. Sex. :)

And I get to go in for some blood work on Monday to confirm ovulation. But I'm supposed to continue the OPKs til then, just in case it dips and then rises again. The doc has heard of an LH spike (not to be confused with a positive surge) that dipped again before the official surge started. So maybe.

Yeah. I'm going to become very good friends with needles in these upcoming months. Enthusiasm.

There comes a point when all you can do, really, is laugh a little and go to sleep.

2 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Ah needles. Good fun, right?

Heh.

Maura said...

When I was on NFP, I had to be aware of what was considered a "double peak." It generally happened, with me, when I was completely stressed out (I say that at the risk of sounding frighteningly like those who would have you "just relax"). What happened is my body would prepare to ovulate, decide it was too stressed, and then try again later. It generally made for an exceptionally long cycle. Not to say that's what's happening with your weird early positive OPK, but...maybe something like that? It's an idea, I guess.