Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More letters to tables

Dear Party of 4, Table 85,
Yes, I remember you. And I know you remember me. Good thing you weren't sat at my table. Because I would pass you off. Good luck with all those breadsticks. Your cholesterol level will not be as forgiving as I am trying to be. And that's saying something. You are one of my challenges.

Dear Table 81,
OK, look. I know you're not my table, but really. When you walk through the doors and sit down at a table in our restaurant, you are entering into a business agreement not only with the establishment, but with your server. You, in a sense, hire her. You do not buy her. Say "please". Say "thank you". Do not be mean to my friends. That's all.

Dear Party of 1, Table 61,
I remember you, too. But I am very very glad to see you. You are such a sweet (older) gentleman. You are kind, you are gentle, and you like my smile. I can tell because you say nice things to see it, and you brighten up a bit, which makes me brighten up a bit, and so it goes like a smile ping-pong game. And I like that. I know you're not a creep because the creeps don't care if you smile. I remember your name from your credit card, and I will greet you with it next time. And we will smile. :) haha

---------------------

In other news, today is CD32. Don't get excited. We've got at least another 4 days to go til the Red Menace is even expected, let alone late. I can feel the heartache coming already. It's warm in my palm, smooth and heavy, and the day is rushing up when I will place it, along with all the others, in the Offering Box. I know someday all those heartaches will come back as richness, and well worth the treasure borne. But for now... they still await redemption.

2 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

I like your letters to tables.

Martin said...

This last 5 lines are exactly why I wanted you to start this.

Lovely.