Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Counting on fingers

Well, due to a small miscalculation, and resultant "hiccup", we had to put off J's visit to have his swimmers counted. They ask for abstinence at least 48 hours (very minimum) before the test. Sunday is not 48 hours before Monday. So, our swimmy-counting expedition has been put off til early next week. *snicker*

I am pretending not to notice that it could be a moot point by next week.

In all likelihood, I will be a grouchy bleeding mess, and he will be a grouchy lab rat on Monday next.

Ah, the familiar madness of rolling the CD over and over in one's mind; of ticking off the DPOs and making sure that today, still Tuesday (STILL?) is 12dpo; of being quite thankful for the wisdom of not having bought any HPTs in the last 8 months or so; of trying not to imagine or hope or whatever. My sense of humor has kicked in this round and I'm finding the whole thing still a little tragic, but in an almost funny way. My body is being quite kind - none of the typical PMS symptoms have shown up yet, which means as a direct derivative that there are no symptoms for me to overanalyze. Thank you, thank you.

Well, me and my 12 progesterone friends are going to go back and finish this cute green and pink handbag I started a bit ago.

2 comments:

Martin said...

I have my doubts on the validity of that 48 hour abstinence.

EVERY one is different.

Depending on the suspected issue, a daily sample is the strongest or maybe a 3 daily one. No one knows.

My best, i.e. the one that worked, was on about 30 hours.

Maura said...

Yes. *snicker* Nicely done.

So, I guess the great toothpaste-spit experiment backfired on you as well?