Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh, but the universe is funny

That's right. The universe has not lost its sense of humor. Remember all the fussing and fuming of 16 days ago? Remember the decision to "not try" this month? Well, I'd backed down on that decision. I thought, heck, I'm on the Clomid, we might as well make use of it. Or at least not prevent it. I wasn't doing OPKs or checking for certain icky bodily fluids or any such thing, so I really have no clue when I ovulated. But it doesn't really matter. (Here's where the sense of humor kicks in) The "trying" that occurred on CD13 left me with a urinary tract infection which has made any targeted "trying" on the key CD14-17 impossible. Til today, CD18. So unless we had a really early or really late egg, I don't have to waste my energy worrying about it this month. Huzzah. Let's hear it for the death of the 2ww. Or the postponement, at least.

And don't start stuffing my head with nonsense like, "well, sperm can live inside the body for up to two days, so there's a chance it might have worked anyhow." I know at least what continents you all live on, I will find you, and I will club you.

3 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Well....

No really, taking a month off can be such a sanity saver. I had to go on the pill for a month and it just about saved my sanity. Especially the not having to count and wait for my period. It was like a holiday.

Martin said...

In contrast, we had to take a month off and I nearly hung myself from the chimney.

WhatAboutNovember said...

I'm slipping away from "holiday" mode and yet trying to stay away from hanging from the chimney.