Friday, May 7, 2010

Blessed

I had to have more contractions induced earlier this week. Severe pain over last weekend brought me to the ultrasound room again on Monday. There was still a huge piece left to pass, and my body just couldn't get it to go on it's own. Contractions all Tuesday night and I think it's finally over.

I'm generally OK. Still quite sad, but taking day by day by day, and finding mercy every morning and comfort when I need it.

But. A dear friend of mine found out on the same day I did that she was pregnant. We were due the same day. She found out last night that the baby had died at 9 weeks 3 days.

Ache.

And yet we both find ourselves singing this:






I would be remiss if I failed to mention that we have been friends since 5th grade, but we didn't speak for 5 of the last 6 years. We failed each other, miserably, deeply, my Junior year in college. We were fully reconciled this past fall, and the resurrection of this friendship is one of many big reasons that I believe that anything can be redeemed.

3 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Oh honey, hugs, for both you and your friend. xx

Maura said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry, for both of you. So sorry to hear that.

*hugs*

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry - for both you and your friend - but glad that you have been reconciled.